This position has now been filled, thank you for the interest. We will have more opportunities soon.
Loose Joints is looking for a friendly, trustworthy and motivated Studio & Bookshop Assistant for our new office and bookshop opening this summer in Marseille. Our ideal candidate is someone with a minimum 3 years in a sales or arts administrative role, preferably with experience working in the publishing, or photography industries.
Your key tasks will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of our bookshop, oversee all administrative matters related to sales and logistics both online and offline (in coordination with our sales team) as well as providing assistance with maintaining and expanding our PR and marketing strategy.
What you’ll do:
Front of House
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of our bookshop including greeting visitors, providing comprehensive knowledge of titles available and recommendations to customers, answering the phone, assisting with any enquiries and handling sales.
- Assistance with the setup and administration of our newly-opened bookshop space.
- Maintaining a neat and tidy working environment and presenting a professional, friendly image.
- Day-to-day logistics and administration.
Sales Admin & Logistics
- Overseeing customer and bookshop enquiries through dedicated sales inbox.
- Fulfilling orders through our Loose Joints online store and dispatching orders through warehouse locations worldwide.
- Preparing, packing and shipping orders for customers and bookshops across the EU from our Marseille warehouse.
- Maintenance of inventory and stock levels.
- Issuing invoices and credit control through our accounting software for both online orders and offline within the bookshop.
- Responsible for the completion of the Cash Received book and associated till records on a daily basis, balancing sales with computer accounting records and liaising with our accountant when required.
- Coordinating internal freight shipments between our printers and warehouses internationally.
- Maintaining relations with our distributors and booksellers, including communicating details about new releases, taking pre-orders, introducing new titles and coordinating shipments from relevant warehouses.
- Identifying new bookshops and sales opportunities.
PR and Marketing
- Assistance with compiling press packs for forthcoming Loose Joints titles.
- Assisting with art book fair participation and coordination of launch events with relevant parties.
- Preparation with applications for awards and funding.
- Assisting with preparing social media posts including writing copy and generating PR content.
Key Skills / Experience
- Excellent English and French, both written and verbal, is required, ideally fully bilingual. Loose Joints operates and communicates as a business mostly in English, both internally and externally.
- You can work well autonomously and have proven sales experience with strong communication and organisational skills.
- Understanding of the principles of retail through sales, stock and promotions.
- Basic understanding of accounting.
- Proficient with Excel and general computer skills.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop not necessary but is a plus.
- Experience in media, publishing, journalism or similar is a plus.
- Passionate about culture, the arts and photography. You have a broad interest in photobooks and an enthusiasm for Loose Joints titles and our publishing ethos.
Terms & Conditions
- Based in Marseille or willing to relocate with relevant work visa if required.
- Contract CDD on a 9 months basis, with aim to evolve into a CDI.
- Part-time 3 days per week with possibility to increase to full time.
- We will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Application deadline: 30 May 2021.
- Starting date: June 2021.